Monday, October 6, 2008

Control yourself/ take only what you need from them/ a family of trees wanting to be haunted-- Loving MGMT this week

So, September is done. Another month down. Not as dejecting as August, but not as cool as October is shaping up to be either. I'm really excited about October. I had a crazy busy Friday, a normal Saturday, and a nice Sunday brunch. Saturday's artist Matt Morrell, was so awesome that he has planned to have his CD release party here in December. Thanks, Matt.

Friday's band, Arctic Rose, was awesome, with a great opening act from Nelly Kate and Pablo. Arctic Rose was glam rocking at it's best and they have also booked another show at the Cafe, so I feel like I'm becoming a real music venue. FUN! The shop is shaping up to be the Cafe I always wanted it to be. I'm in the middle of picking out beers for the upcoming Oktoberfest. That's going to be awesome! Three bands and me in Liederhosen. It's going to be all sorts of rocking. I'm also working on the coolest, most evil Halloween party ever. Pablo and the Dregs will be back and I will also be hosting my first gallery opening with more of Elliot Downs' art on display here at the shop.

The second BREWTALITEA will be next Monday. The Walrus Bonecock Conspiracy will be playing with the Smell of Death. I don't know if I smell death, but I definitely get a wiff of something and it smells like METAL.

I just had my ABC agent stop by and tell me that they have been keeping an eye on me and so far so good. Wheew. I can finally breath a little better knowing that. Just stay dilligent. I have to keep telling myself that even when I just want to say, "Whatever. It's all good." It's not my house; it's my business. I have to make sure that I am always on my toes. The minute I let my guard down, I know that's when it's gonna hit the fan.

All in all, things are going really well. I'm so excited about all of the events that I have coming up this month and I'm getting even more excited about November. That's more for personal reasons, but I can say that in November, the Cafe is going to be even cooler than it was in October. And I plan to actually write myself my first paycheck by the middle of the month. Suh-weeet!

1 comment:

Sky Jack Morgan said...

I think the whole town will be a little cooler in November. Winter's coming, after all.