Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tea in the morning, tea in the evening, tea at supper time

I sometimes forget that I have so many teas in the shop to choose from. Most of the time I stick to Genmaicha or Jasmine Pearl or Yunnan Velvet Tips, which makes drinking something different such a pleasant surprise. Today I had Lung Ching, a Chinese green, also known as Dragon Well tea. It has a unique nutty yet mild and smooth flavor and a great aroma. Because it is hand fired in a wok it takes on a flat shiny appearance.

This tea is considered the tea of emperors and is characterized by its jade green color and unique shape. This tea is of particular interest for me because it is only grown in the Hangzhou region of China, where my brother lived for a while. He has actually been through the tea fields in the area. He said that they were mountainous and woody.

Stay tuned for more tea blogs as I rediscover all of the teas that I tend to forget.

1 comment:

Sky Jack Morgan said...

I can't wait to try the iron goddess of mercy